10/7/08

I want to / need to find a way to make all of this mine.

Topshop





American Apparel





Forever 21







GoJane



I usually don’t like stars as an embellishment for a fashion accessory. They look childish and cheap. They still do, but not all the time. I want those American Apparel jersey dresses in every muted colour.

If there’s one thing I hate, its people who preach to me when they’ve never gone through pain. If you watched last week’s episode of Gossip Girl, Dan was trying hard to do something out of the ordinary because he was chided for writing ‘safe’ stories. This applies to everything. Preachers who preach right from the bible like they understand what they’re preaching, designers who have never gone through crap to actually be visionary, people who constantly tell me I’m not fat when they’ve never felt like me (okay fine, maybe this is a little out of the category), rich girls/boys who claim to have a hard life when… every last detail in their life has been thought out so perfectly for them. It bothers me when designers design things that border on the safe side. I guess that’s what Tim (Gunn) means when he makes that ‘safe’ comment.

Anyway, classes are starting next week. I was thinking of sleeping at Amelia’s place on Thursday nights because class starts so ridiculously early on Friday. It’s drama class though, so I hope that will be fun.

I feel my most creative today. I always believed that pain is necessary for success. All artists and writers and dreamers wrote their best / painted their best when they were sick or drunk or in times of turmoil.

I am at my best.
P.S. Just between you and me, Lipsticked may be moving somewhere else.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

i might be going down to seattle end of this month, let me know if you want me to pick up anything from AA for you! I know you shop online...but well at least you have an alternative now haha. I'll be heading back to sg only in dec though.

S said...

thanks hannah, but i think the best places to buy AA are either from eclecticism in wisma (prices are not too crazy) or online on the ebay stores that sell AA. i'm a real discount grabber see. would AA be any cheaper there?