12/22/08

just being honest

I gotta be honest here.



I don't like the LV Sprouse motif. At all.
(so much that i felt compelled to blog about it, but err pretty decent styling though)

I don't think it's surprising since a lot of LV things really aren't my style. I don't know how to believe that because on one hand i practically crave Marc Jacobs day and night, but on the other hand...... I just don't think I believe in spending (heaps of) money on high end labels to begin with, and especially not in spending money on items like these that will definitely go out of style in no time. And, by the term "heaps of money", I am referring to thousands. I could buy an expensive bag or pair of shoes ever so often, but some purchases will just Never Make Sense to me. Never.

Anyway, about the 'It' bag trend that has been looming for years - For a while it seemed like every girl wanted Chanel 2.55. Heck, for a while I wanted it so much. But right now there is just no joy in seeing girls carrying their 'classic' and 'signature' Chanel flap purses down the street with so many other girls carrying replicas of the style, or simply having many people owning Chanel purses too (this i don't get, it seems like Chanel is very affordable). The other day I was at Borders and I read Nina Garcia's 'The One Hundred' and I'm with her on this...... which is, to stop buying them.

Blogging will resume tomorrow when I wake up naturally after I've rested sufficiently. I really need this.

No comments: